2019 Theme: Breaking Barriers in History
Dimond Online Resources: eBooks, Student Resources in Context, LS2PAC, World History, and more.
Library of Congress Resources: The Library of Congress offers a variety of primary documents with a variety of ways to search and browse.
- Historic American Newspapers: Search America’s historic newspapers pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present.
- Historic Newspapers (Library of Congress Flickr pilot project): The Library of Congress invites you to explore ‘history’s first draft’ by looking at illustrated pages in old newspapers selected from our online collections.
National Archives Resources
- National Archives National History Day Resources: Sources specifically for National History Day.
- National Archives Archival Research Catalog (ARC): Primary sources from the National Archives.
- Docs Teach from the National Archives:
National History Day Website & Alaska Contest Information
- National History Day Contest Information: Links to resources, information about the different entries and more.
- NHD Student Resources Page: Tons of links to help you. Click on Helpful Research Links to see a long list of resources organized by topic.
- Alaska NHD Contest Information: All you need to know about the state contest in Alaska.
- Google Scholar: Searching here returns more scholarly results.
- Google Books: Many out of print books are located here. You are able to access the entire book, for free, through this site.