Need Books? Well, now you can get them from Dimond High Library Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 AM to 3 PM. You can go to our library online catalog now to start reserving items! If you’re ready to read (aren’t all of you?), see the steps below.
Get your 14-digit library ID and PIN. If you don’t have this, use the DM Library Help Form to contact Ms Metcalfe. Your ID number follows this pattern:
Search for Titles. Log into the Dimond online catalog.
Select Items and Place Hold. Click the orange “Place Hold” button. You may place up to 10 books on hold.
Sign up for Remind & Get Notified. There are 2 options:
Note: Select option B if you do not have a smart phone. If you aren’t in our system, we can call you.
Pick up your items Tuesday or Thursday between 11 AM and 3 PM. When you receive notice that your items are ready, come to the round-a-bout drop off in front of the school (see map). Park and text us on remind or call 907-742-7102. We will bring your packaged books to a table for contact-free pick-up. For everyone’s safety, we wear masks while shelving and packaging all materials. Masks are required for pickup as well.
Please return items within 5 weeks or upon finishing, whichever is sooner. You do not need an appointment to return library materials. Come to the front door of the school on a Tuesday or Thursday between 11 am – 3 pm. A bin will be available for your items. Or you can place items in the student return box. Items will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in, so they will still show on your account for a few days.
- If you are feeling sick or are in quarantine, please contact us via Remind or call 907-742-7102 to cancel your items.
- If you no longer want your items, please contact us to cancel so we can make them available to others.
- Items not picked up for one week will be returned to the shelves, unless you have contacted us to make other arrangements.
- If it is more convenient for you to pick items up from another ASD library, please contact Ms Metcalfe at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form if you need anything.
- If you need title suggestions or have other questions, please use this form for assistance.
We are so excited to offer this service, and cannot wait to get books off our shelves and into your hands!
Have library books from last year?
- NO fines are ever charged for overdue books.
- You do not need an appointment to return library materials. Come to the front door of the school on a Tuesday or Thursday between 11 am – 3 pm. A bin will be available for you to place your items. Items will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in, so they will still show on your account for a few days.
- To request a list of books you have checked out, use the DM Library Help Form.